Bathrooms aren’t simply for washing and bathing anymore. For many people, the bathroom has become a luxurious private retreat where they can relax and destress for a precious few minutes or hours. The decision to complete a bathroom remodel can be driven by many different reasons. Some families simply outgrow their bathrooms and need to add a tub or additional storage space. Sometimes seniors are able to remain in their own homes longer by installing walk-in tubs or accessible shower stalls. Regardless of the reason, you will obtain the best results by hiring a bathroom remodeling company that has the credentials and experience to do the job correctly and to your satisfaction.
Here are some of the things you will want to look for in order to choose the best remodeling company for your needs.
- Do they specialize in bathroom remodels? You don’t want to hire just any general contractor. You’ll want one who specializes in bathrooms and can give you the best advice and guidance.
- Are the services they offer beneficial to your project? Look for a remodeling company that offers design services and itemizes everything included in their quote.
- Are their credentials complete and current? Make certain that the contractor has up-to-date licensing and insurance. It’s also a good idea to ask about the contractor’s formal training and if he or she belongs to any industry-related organizations.
- Is the contractor transparent? In addition to being professional, you’ll want the contractor to be honest about other projects in the works that might affect the timeline of your bathroom remodel.
- Does the company offer a portfolio? Being able to see examples of the company’s previous work will give you a good indication of their workmanship and design choices.
- Can the company provide references? Checking references from past customers can let you know if others were happy with their work or if anyone had concerns or complaints that you should be aware of before you enter into a contract.
- Will they provide cost estimates in writing? Every bit of the remodeling process from costs to the project schedule should be specified in writing. There shouldn’t be any guessing or surprise billing.